Monday, May 22, 2006

Ways to tell I'm an ecologist (I)

On Saturday night I found myslef heading out to a club in Durham, Ringside. It was the second time that I've been there, and this time it was pretty full. It's actually a pretty neat place, there are four levels to it, although one of those was closed off both times I've been there. The stairs are narrow and it's a little bit like a warren in there. However, the atmosphere is great, although I imagine going there during daylight hours would remove some of that. It reminded me of a hybrid of Arc Cafe and Bath St, both located in Dunedin, NZ.

I digress a little. On Saturday was a Black and White party, so a large numbe rof the punters were there fressed up. A few had fairly elaborate costumes (well not so elaborate in one case). Of the group I was with, one person (out of six) did dress up in theme (and looked very good). Nevertheless two of us were ecologists. How could we be picked?

We were the only one's wearing Tevas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you were wearing them, in spite of it being -20 degrees C inside.... ;-)

Cheers,
simondo

23/5/06 17:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sandels in the snow????

23/5/06 17:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure "ecologist" should be the classifcation?

23/5/06 18:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home